5 ways to make your game art stand out
Updated: Nov 15, 2022
In the world of video games, it's not enough to just be good. You need to be great. And in order to be great, you need to have amazing game art. Here are 5 ways to make your game art stand out:
1. Know your audience.
2. Make it original.
3. Be consistent.
4. Pay attention to detail.
5. Get feedback and revise accordingly.
1. Know your audience: The first step to creating amazing game art is understanding who you're creating it for. Who is your target audience? What do they like? What do they dislike? What kind of art style do they prefer? When you know your audience, you can create art that appeals directly to them, which will make them more likely to play your game.
2. Make it original: In a sea of games, it can be hard to make yours stand out. One way to do that is by having original artwork. Don't be afraid to experiment with different styles and techniques until you find something that feels unique to your game.
3. Be consistent: Once you've found an art style that works for your game, stick with it! Consistency is key when it comes to building a recognizable brand for your game. Your players should be able to look at any piece of artwork associated with your game and instantly know that it belongs to you.
4. Pay attention to detail: The devil is in the details, as they say, and that's especially true for video games. Players will notice if something doesn't look quite right, so it's important to take the time to perfect every aspect of your game's art before releasing it to the public.
5. Get feedback and revise accordingly: No one knows everything, so don't be afraid to ask for feedback from other artists or even from players themselves. See what people think of your art and use their feedback to improve it before release day!
Creating great video game art is essential if you want your game to succeed. By following these five tips, you'll be well on your way to making sure that your game's art is top-notch!